Rain - 8/18
Back Home Up Next

Joke of the Day

During the course of conversation, Lewie constantly remembers old jokes.  Some are funny.  Some are corny.  But I've decided to start including them here so we can remember them.

This group of natives were having a family reunion in the jungle.  They were all sitting around the pot.

One guy says to the other, "You know, I never did really like my mother-in-law."

The other guy says, "Well then just eat the noodles."

Rain, rain, rain.  It's drizzling this morning and is just enough to keep us from going out.  So after a lazy morning, we decided to go to Fergus Fall and have lunch.  By time we finished lunch the rain had let up.  Denise's watch stopped a day or so ago and she wanted to get a new battery.  Lewie knew there was a jeweler downtown so we went there.

Eighty some dollars later, Denise had a new watch.  According to the jeweler, there was nothing wrong with her battery.  Neither of us can remember when Denise got her previous watch but we know it's been a long time.  But I can't help but think that the jeweler may have suckered us a bit.  Lewie always talks about all the "crooks and shysters" in the world.  Maybe I've been around Lewie too long and it's rubbing off.

We ran a few more errands before returning around 3:00 pm.  The rain had stopped but the air was very wet making the sun feel extremely hot once again.  Denise and Lewie fished for sunnies at the bridge.  To get the groceries in the refrigerator, I had to basically empty it and rearrange it.  And since it was empty, I just as well defrost is.  Ice builds up on the cooling fins, especially in this humidity, and keeps the refrigerator from getting as cold as it should.  I collected nearly two cups of water after melting the ice with a hair dryer.  Next came the freezer and another two cups of water plus one soaking towel.

With that done, I headed down to the bridge to see how Denise and Lewie were doing.  They had quite a few in the bucket and the fish were biting pretty good.  I decided to join them so I walked back and got my rod.

But of course by time I got back, the biting frenzy had slowed.  From this point forward, I will always take my rod, even if I don't think I want to fish.  We fished for another 20 or 30 minutes before succumbing to the heat and opting for the relief a cold beer would provide.  Lewie always hates to "ruin a perfectly good thirst with water".

It cooled down nicely as the sun lowered into the sky.  Lewie headed home around 8:30 pm and we went in shortly after.

Back Home Up Next

 Questions, Comments, Praise, Complaints?
Please send me an email at